- How do I sign up?
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- What is an invoice ID?
- Will I be charged any additional fees for purchasing an experience?
- How do I check my order status?
- How do I make a credit/debit card payment?
- Are the credit/debit card payments safe?
- How do I know that my online payment is secure?
- Can I cancel my order and get a refund?
- What will my HOMEtainer do as a safety precaution for COVID-19?
- My HOMEtainer didn't show up, what am I supposed to do?
- The experience has significant discrepancies from what was stated in the description, what do I do?
- How can I contact a HOMEtainer?
- I'm searching but I cannot find what I am looking for, what shall I do?
- HOMEtainer: How do I sign up as a HOMEtainer?
- HOMEtainer: How do I sell my experiences on HOMEtainment?
- HOMEtainer: How do I list an item?
- HOMEtainer: Why can’t I log in to my HOMEtainment dashboard?
- HOMEtainer: How do I edit my experience information?
- HOMEtainer: What is the purchasable button for?
- HOMEtainer: Why can’t I find the right category for my experience?
- HOMEtainer: How can I keep track of bookings that I receive?
- HOMEtainer: How do I receive my Payout/Payment?
- HOMEtainer: What items are prohibited on HOMEtainment?
We strongly recommend you to use Google+ open ID for all your logins, alternatively you can create a new login directly on the platform.
You can reset your password through either your Google account.
An invoice ID is a number generated for your reference after every successful checkout. This invoice will contain all the items bought in a single purchase.
In order to continue providing you with memorable experiences you will be charged a service fee of 15% on the gross price of the experience similar to the service fee you pay in a London restaurant.
That's easy - simply hover the cursor over your profile to activate the drop-down bar and click on “Purchases”. Here you'll see your Purchase History page where you can access details of orders that you have placed - including invoice ID, timestamp, item, quantity, event booking date and order status.
Once you have found an experience you wish to book, enter the date, time and number of attendees. From here you can click the "Buy Now" button if the HOMEtainer allows instant booking. You will be asked for your details and the address where the experience is to take place.
Next, review the order details one last time before clicking “Proceed to payment”. Check the payment details and click “Pay now”. A pop up box will appear so that you can fill in your credit card details. Once the payment is done, you will be redirected back to HOMEtainment’s site.
If the Experience offers the "Enquire" option, you can submit your details to the HOMEtainer for him to accept the booking. You will receive a message from the HOMEtainer and you will be able to proceed to purchase from the chat screen.
HOMEtainment does not store nor handle any credit card details on our site. Our PCI Level 1 compliant partners hold all your financial data securely.
HOMEtainment uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which ensures that all connections on HOMEtainment’s server remain encrypted. This explains why the website address begins with “https” instead of “http”. Our webapp is secured using a RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate. This ensures all information you send using our webapp will be encrypted. Please click the “padlock” icon on the web browser for more details on the security certificate. HOMEtainment also do not store any credit card details and payments are processed through Stripe. Our PCI level 1 compliant partners hold all your financial data securely.
The HOMEtainment cancellation policy allows you to cancel a booking with no charge up to 7 days ahead of the booking. If you cancel between 7 days and 48 hours before the date of the event 50% will be refunded. There is no refund for events cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Each HOMEtainment will have a slightly different arrangement depending on the experience they are delivering. These details should be listed on the experience page. If not, or if you require further information to ensure you feel comfortable making a booking, please contact the HOMEtainer via the chat box and ensure that you define clearly with the HOMEtainer prior to making the booking the safety precautions you require.
If your HOMEtainer did not show up, try to contact them either via the Maibox on the platform menu or via the Contact HOMEtainer button on the HOMEtainer experience page. The HOMEtainer should provide an update on what happened. If you find that the HOMEtainer’s response is unsatisfactory, HOMEtainment will step in to help. You should always communicate through our site so that you will be protected by our Terms & Conditions.
If there are any significant discrepancies in the experience delivered, you should contact the HOMEtainer via the Mailbox or via the Contact button on the HOMEtainer's experience. The HOMEtainer will address your concern and offer a solution.
If you are unsatisfied with the resolution provided by the HOMEtainer, you can request HOMEtainment to mediate for you.
As part of the mediation process, the admin will review the chat history, experience description, photos of the experience provided by both you and the HOMEtainer, and any other information about the experience that you and the HOMEtainer have provided. You should always communicate through the platform so that you will be protected by our Terms & Conditions.
See our T&Cs: 7.2 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If the supply of the services is delayed by an event outside the HOMEtainer’s control or our control (as applicable) including but not limited to the HOMEtainer falling ill or suffering a personal emergency then we and/or the HOMEtainer will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided this is done neither we nor the HOMEtainer will be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
You should only use the chat box on the platform to discuss arrangements with a HOMEtainer. You should always communicate through the platform so that you will be protected by our Terms & Conditions. Please refer to our T&Cs for more details.
Use the categories on the homepage to look through the available experiences. Some may not be available on your chosen date or in your area. Each HOMEtainer operates within a 10-mile radius of their based location. If you don't find the experience you had in mind, send us an email at [email protected] and we will do our best to find it for you.
Simply click on the “BECOME A HOMETAINER” button at the bottom of the homepage.
1. Fill in the questionnaire.
2. Antoine will contact you directly to discuss your application.
3. If approved you will be invited to create a profile on Hometainment.com
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to you joining the HOMEtainment family.
Once you have received an invitation, simply click on “Create your profile” ! Once you have filled in all the mandatory fields, you will be able to start listing your experiences immediately!
- Upload the experiences that you want to sell. Set your price, add landscape photos, categories and ensure you note any COVID-19 precautionary measures.
- Manage your availability on your calendar.
- You'll be informed immediately when someone has purchased an experience.
- Payment made by the customer, minus the transaction fees to HOMEtainment, will be transferred to you via Stripe.
- Use our message box to communicate with your customer.
- Get useful business insights such as your sales history, best-selling experiences and other analytics to optimise your business.
You can list an item by clicking on “BECOME A HOMETAINER” on the main page and signing up as a HOMEtainer. Once you have successfully on-boarded as a HOMEtainer, click on “Add Experience” under the “HOMEtainer” drop down box.
Provide us with all the relevant details such as the experience category, name, price, description, quantity, image...
Once you are happy with your listing, click on “SAVE” and your listing will be published once verified by our team.
So what are you waiting for? Start listing your first experience on HOMEtainment now!
Try to reset your password first. If you still can’t log in to your HOMEtainer dashboard, it might be because your profile has been put off line. You can raise a case by contacting HOMEtainment directly.
1. On your HOMEtainer menu, click on the “Your Experiences” tab to access all your items.
2. Choose the experience you want to edit, and click on the sign.
3. You will be redirected to your specific listing’s details page.
4. From there, you may edit any details you would like.
5. Once you are happy with the new details, go to the last section Location details and press the button "Add now" at the bottom of the page.
If you receive any complaints from customers regarding a particular experience, you can temporarily remove it from the marketplace using the purchasable function. Once you switched the purchasable button to “NO”, your item will no longer be visible and searchable on HOMEtainment. In addition, customers will not be able to check out the non-purchasable item.
You are only able to add an experience under a particular category if it has been created by us. If you can’t find the right category for your items, don’t worry! Simply drop HOMEtainment an email, [email protected], we will review your request.
Click the “Bookings” tab on the HOMEtainer menu to access your orders page. You are able to view the relevant details for each item order that you receive, including the Order ID, Invoice ID, Timestamp, Item, Quantity purchased. Click on any payment ID to dive into greater details.
Stripe will automatically credit any Payout/Payment directly to your Stripe account after every successful experience.
This policy is part of our Terms & Conditions. By selling on HOMEtainment, you are agreeing to this policy as well as the items included in our HOMEtainer contract and HOMEtainer handbook.
HOMEtainment requires all HOMEtainers and users to abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which you are operating and selling.
HOMEtainment does not allow any listing that through images or descriptions facilitate or promote illegal acts when applied under a specific context.
HOMEtainment expects all users to only list experiences that are legal. All experiences must not present legal risks to our community, be inconsistent with HOMEtainment values or harmful to our members.